Monthly Mailbag

Introducing, the new mailbag section! Here, I will attempt to answer any questions you may have regarding what goes on in the film industry, and of course, FPBM! itself. I do not claim to be a movie-savant, but I do my best at what I love and anything you could ever wish to know is only a click away.

I don't have it all figured out yet, but just like everything else on this site, they are all made up as I go along.

To kick-start things, here are some of the questions I received from fellow friends and readers. My answers are in italics. Oh, by the way, the questions are paraphrased because... Well, I cannot remember the questions in verbatim.

Rooms for Improvement
First, I just want to congratulate you for this blog. I have no idea whether or not it is a success, but I take it that you write enthusiastically, and that is good enough for me. However, there are things I would like to point out. As much as I enjoy reading your reviews, they are rather bland and do not stand out very much in contrast of other movie review sites such as Rotten Tomatoes, etc. Perhaps you could make the site much more interactive? (Like a chatbox, perhaps)

I thank you very much for your mail and I appreciate your honesty. To tell you the truth, I also have no idea just how successful this site is. Frankly, I write movie reviews because there is no other form of media that I enjoy as much as movies. I could put a guest tracker on the site, but then again, I wouldn't want to know just how many people who actually come to this site. However, since I am receiving comments about it, I can only guess that there are quite a few.

And thank you very much for your recommendations! I honestly appreciate it. Yeah, to be frank, I do not know that much about how to make websites more appealing. Everything here are made up as I go along. There really isn't any deep planning involved. I am very interested to make the site more interactive, so I'll see to it. Although I must say, it's quite amusing that you compared this site to Rotten Tomatoes. There's a stark difference, but all that I would say about FPBM! is that; it is a start.

*********
Updates?
I was just wondering, how often is FPBM! updated? There are times when it is updated more than twice in a week, but there are other times when it is not updated for weeks!

Yeah, I am actually troubled by that as well. But the truth is, FPBM! is still very young, and therefore unstable. Plus I work alone, so if I get caught up in something, so will FPBM! I apologise for any inconvenience, for I am not doing this half-heartedly (not "warm-warm chicken sh*t")

*********

Overdosed on Optimism

Is it just me, or you are unbelievably lenient when it comes to rating your movies? It seems to me like there isn't a single movie rated at 50 or lower. I understand if you are doing this to not offend anyone, but you said it yourself, a bad movie is a bad movie regardless of origin. So why must there be sympathy at play?

I believe you got it all wrong. I mean every word that I said, so yeah, a bad movie is a bad movie. It's just that, I tend to write reviews on movie that have a lot of impact on me. But as the FPBM! motto goes, "I write, You decide...". As much as I want to write about every single film out there, I lack two crucial resources; time and money. Therefore, I do a lot of guessing and also a bit of research before seeing a movie. So based on research and experience, I really choose which film to see.

Sometimes it's not even about the money. I just get really turned off (or rather, pissed off) to see a dumbed-down, watered-down version of a film. It's not rocket science, really; to tell whether or not a particular film will be slashed in terms of censorship. If you have been living in this country for at least a week, you would know.

*********

So there you have it. The very first (hopefully not the last) mailbag section of the site. I think that should be it for the rest of the month. Unless of course, I get a lot more questions... Which I really doubt because I am so pretentious.

:D haha...