Bouquets and Brickbats

Well, that was a pleasant little week. For the most part, I am fairly pleased with my gleanings this week.

We begin of course with Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #6, which was pretty decent all things considered. I actually think that I enjoyed Batman and Robin a bit more, but this explains how exactly Bruce managed to get back without blowing up the Universe, and wrapped things up fairly neatly. It also hints about the ending for the Time Masters, but it was just so cool, that I forgive it that. Once again, Hal was acting like a douche and once again, he was schooled by Rip. Woohoo! Not a HUGE bouquet, but certainly a nosegay.

Birds of Prey #6. Well! This is a bit more like it! I was getting a little cranky about Dinah, but since Sin is involved, it actually begins to make sense. Oh, and Shiva shows up, and there is fighting and stuff. And Zinda makes a pig of herself, but heck, I find that endearing. So, a nice small bouquet.

Booster Gold #38. Oh heck, this was fun. I absolutely can't STAND General Glory, but I still enjoyed this little romp. I did feel awfully sorry for Ernie.2. But still...Nazis! I'm not exactly sure what bug got up Michele's butt...man was SHE cranky, but it was nice to see the kid again, and you certainly can't fault her logic. A bit silly, but enjoyable. A nice full bouquet.

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #4. A nice big fat bouquet. More tomorrow.

Justice League:Generation Lost #13. I'm a bit torn here. I STILL haven't forgiven Winick for his hack job on Ice, and I won't until it's finally fixed. On the other hand, Magog! Getting blowed up! Blowed up GOOD!!! Be still my heart. I can't STAND Magog, and I've been rooting for his demise for quite some time. Of course, Max showed up and was the actual murderer, but he made it LOOK like it was Captain Shinypants, which is probably going to lead to some problems down the road. So, I can't exactly hurl a brickbat, but on the other hand, I'm still in too big of a snit to award a bouquet. So...a couple of dandylions clutched in one hand perhaps. With a thistle or two.