June is Finally Over...Here's Reviews!

Is it me, or did June just seem to go on forever? Not that easy for a month that is only thirty days long, but I guess since it had five Wednesdays, it seemed to go on...and on...and on...!

There were some goodies to be had however.

The Flash #3. Did this come out late? It seems like a long time since the last issu, but that may be the fault of the wonky schedule again. Anyway, it was nice. It seems as though Barry is about to be accused of murder, after his fingerprints are found on the evidence, but they just assume he's a screw-up...which might actually be more insulting. Those future Rogues just won't give up, and Captain Boomerang discovers some rather interesting side effects from being dead.

Gotham City Sirens #13. Selina's sister Maggie the Nun is back, madder than a coot. She's apparently possessed by an angel, and thinks that Catwoman is possessed by a Cat Demon, and she'll stop at nothing to "save" her. Even poor Harley gets dragged into the whole mess. Not my favorite story, but still not bad.

Green Lantern #55. Lots of fun, that will be covered anon. And one of the best ass-shots of Hal that I've seen in a LOOOOONGGGG time! Woohoo!

Justice League of America #46. I can't stand Jade, I'm not particularly fond of Donna, and I'm not sure why Liberty Belle is running around with the JLA, but dagnabit, this wasn't bad. The starheart meteor that brought Jade to Earth, is wreaking havoc with all of the mystical types, in particular Alan and Obsidian, so Jade is all aflutter. And apparently, she is jealous of Donna, and probably Soranik, and can't keep her mind on her job. Man, I hate Jade...but I ENJOY hating Jade. Oh, and Mikaal is having a very very bad day.

Justice Society of America #40. Remember all the bad stuff that happened when the Nazis took over America? Well, Mister Terrific manages to gasp out a few words of wisdom before expiring, and Alan Scott runs off to implement his plan, and lo and behold, Obsidian is BACK! In the flesh and with dialogue! And saves stuff. I didn't particularly think that Mr. Willingham's gay joke was particularly funny, but I'm so glad to have Todd back as a character, that I'm willing to overlook it. And this must happen right before all the stuff in Justice League, which is slightly confusing.

Wonder Woman#600. I am enraged and enchanted. Lovely pinup art of course. A nice story by Gail Simone and drawn by George Perez, with a nod to history. A simply wonderful story written and drawn by Amanda Conner, which involves Egg Fu and Power Girl's cat. A decent story by Louise Simonson, drawn by Eduardo Pamsica. I'm not familiar with the latter, but the artwork was nice. A short bit with Geoff Johns and Scott Kolins.

And then the stuff with J. Michael Straczynski as the new writer, and Don Kramer as the artist. Wonder Woman has a new costume, as designed by Jim Lee...and it's not terrible. She's wearing pants, which isn't a bad thing. I'm not particularly enthused about the jacket, which would seem to be an encumbrance. At least she still has her tiara. But Straczynski, just threw out practically ALL of her back story, including killing off Hippolyta. Since Gail brought Hippolyta back, I am not happy. I LIKE Hippolyta! He also got rid of Themiscyra, which is one of those nice iconic DC bits of geography that I enjoy so much. So...I guess I'll be dropping Wonder Woman. I love the character, but I'm not particularly enthusiastic about the direction that the new writer is planning on taking her. Call me an old fuddy-duddy.

Thor #611 is still good. I've had a crush on Thor since I was fifteen. They have a nice service for Loki, and I'm breathlessly awaiting HIS return. You can't keep a good villain down, and I'm sure that Loki planned ahead for this particular eventuality. Mephisto gave Hela a little bit of real estate, and then things go to hell. Literally. Not bad. Not bad at all.