Movie-Worthy Novels, To Say the Least

So during my so-called hiatus and cabin fever, you might wonder exactly what have I been up to. Well, aside from the unmentionables and none-of-your-businesses, there is one thing worthy of mention. In fact, it's more than that, it's something I'd like to promote as something Malaysians gotta at least check out, don't let this one sneak past your radar.


I had no idea what it means the first time I saw it. If anything, I thought it was some kind of a wordplay on the word 'fix'... What is it that they fix? I had no idea, but one look at the website and I immediately interpreted it as a publishing company here to "fix" what I deem is wrong with the local literary scene. Don't quote me on that, though. The company said no such thing, this is just how I see it.

There is one thing that this company is doing differently, and that is the scope of the stories they choose to publish. You see, when it comes to Malay novels, the market is flooded with sappy love stories about broken hearts and unrequited love, or maybe the trend has changed since the last time I checked? Granted, I've never read a novel in Bahasa Malaysia outside the school syllabus, but judging by my frequent visits to MPH and Popular bookstores, I believe I wasn't exaggerating.

So without further ado, here's a taste of what Fixi novels are all about;

The novels
The writers: (From left) Ridhwan Saidi, Khairulnizam Bakeri, Shaz Johar
Yeap, that's how I spent my last weekend. To date, I have only finished reading two of them, starting with Cekik followed by Pecah. Right now I'm in the process of reading Kougar. But the two novels impressed me enough thus far, and therefore for the first time ever in the history of this blog, I'm going to give you some book reviews... Spoiler-free, of course.

Read all about it... CLICK HERE