Newspaperless?

So we were all talking together at work, as co-workers are wont to do...and I mentioned that a certain topic that we were discussing had been covered in the newspaper as well as the television news. One of my cohorts then claimed that he didn't get the newspaper, and didn't understand why anybody would bother with it.

I almost passed out. No...no newspaper? Sheesh, I read it cover to cover every day! How else are you going to find out the IN-DEPTH coverage of local and national news? They give you a brief run-down on the television in the evening, but you certainly only get a taste, not the meat of the subject. And where else are you going to find out what time the movies are showing, who is selling their car, or giving away free kittens and geraniums?

And then there are the comics of course. I don't have quite the connection with the comics page in the newspaper that I do with my comic books, but gosh darn it, I ALSO read them every day.

So...I asked Jeff how he manages to get through the day not knowing what is happening in Mary Worth? He didn't care about Mary Worth. He didn't even know who Mary Worth WAS! I...I am shocked. Shocked and disturbed. After all, that cop boyfriend of Mary's boyfriend's daughters, just got shot...exactly as we all knew he would, since they have spent the last couple of weeks showing them all lovey dovey together. Foreshadowing! Extremelly unsubtle foreshadowing, but then again, that's Mary Worth. Will she use her incredible meddling powers for good?

I understand that there are plenty of news venues out there, but really, if you can't read your daily comic strips, then what good are they?

Read Newspapers!