Technology

I have done something, that I thought I would never do. I...I have acquired a cell phone. I didn't really want one, but my kids talked me into it.

"How else can we get a hold of you?" they would ask. I would reply, that they could call me on the REAL phone.

"What if people are trying to talk to you?" Well, I don't really enjoy talking on the phone all that much. I have to answer it at work, but it isn't really my cup of tea. I LIKE being unavailable.

"What if your car breaks down?" I have to admit, that this last one, actually does make some sense.

So...I have a cell phone. It's currently on the charger because I don't quite know what to do with it. I'm not sure of the phone number, I haven't figured out how to call out on it, and I certainly haven't been able to figure out how to answer a call on it...but dammit...I'm CONNECTED!

I feel so hip. But I absolutely refuse to learn how to text.