Thank God it's Wednesday

The strain of actually having to wait an extra week for Green Lantern was telling on me. And, I actually found Power Girl, which for some unknown reason, I managed to completely skip last week. Amanda Conner just makes me smile.

Gotham City Sirens is out. I have to admit to rather liking this. The last issue, mainly featured the Riddler instead of the Sirens, but I didn't care, because frankly, I adore Mr. Nigma. If they had a book that was just about the Riddler going around being a detective, I would buy it in a heartbeat. But anyway, the cover isn't even too outrageous, mainly because of the fortuitous placement of the barcode over Poison Ivy's tuchus. They'd never do that to a Green Lantern butt, that's for sure!

Jack of Fables has a gorgeous Brian Bolland cover as usual. It features a fat and aging Jack, and for some reason, a chicken. This looks...intriguing.

I also picked up the 80 page Giant Justice League of America. I personally adore the 80 page Giants, and Classifieds, and Quarterly books. For one, they make me feel nostalgic, and for another, they have some great stories. I can hardly wait to dip into this one.

JSA has Mangog on the cover. Prominently. Which is a bit of a shame really, because I simply can't stand the man. I DO hope that Wildcat makes kibble out of him...although that probably won't be happening, since I think they are going to be splitting the JSA in half. I know which half I'll be getting. The one without Mangog.

Wonder Woman looks like a lot of fun too. She just can't seem to stay away from her family can she? I keep hoping that the Amazons will see the light, and kick Zeus in the patootie.

Now that I've oohed and aahed over the covers... I think that I shall actually sit down and READ my books! I suggest that you all do the same.