Into The Home Stretch

It's March and Blackest Night is drawing to its ultimate climax. It's been an interesting few months, and I've been as caught up in all of the excitement as anyone. Green Lantern Corps comes out tomorrow, and I would think that Green Lantern and Blackest Night will be out next week or so.

It's been a heck of a ride, but I'm trying to take a step back right before we get to the nitty gritty and take a look at all that has been going on. It has been revealed that "Life" with a capital "L" started on Earth. Considering the actual age of the Universe vs. the relatively short span of the existance of Earth, I find myself slightly skeptical, but there may be caveats that I am not aware of. Perhaps they mean higher forms of life, as opposed to simply microbial. Or the "Life" entity was around before the Earth was actually formed, but just really really liked it here. Or maybe Ganthet is just pulling our collective legs.

I can't help but wonder however about how the Manhunters fit into all of this drama. They seem to have been rather conspicuous by their absence, and I find that...odd. It was the Manhunters after all, who after serving the Guardians for countless ages, suddenly out of the blue went berserk and started slaughtering everything in Sector 666, which is where Atrocitus hails from. The Cyborg Superman, who finds the entire concept of life to be antithetical is also strangely absent from the fray. You would think that he'd be the perfect lieutenant for Nekron.

Could Nekron be responsible for the corruption of the Manhunters, and was the destruction of 666 his first foray into wiping out Life? If that were the case, how did the Guardians beat him back that time? I wonder if this will even come up, or if it is a subject that will be visited AFER Blackest Night?

Time is also fast running out for my necrotic cat-fight between Ice and Kari Limbo. And Guy would have enjoyed it so. I've also rather been expecting Martin Jordan to show up and harass Hal a bit. It's still possible of course.

Are there any confrontations, fights, or guest appearances that YOU would all like to see before it's all over?