Blackest Night: Green Arrow #30

I am of course, getting most of the Blackest Night cross-overs...or at least the ones that feature characters that I like. And I like Ollie,even though he's a bigger jerk than Hal even.

But I simply couldn't resist this cover.

Photobucket

So...so perfect.

The story follows pretty much the same ground as most of the other similar issues. Ollie is trapped inside his body, as Nekron has taken over, and he's doing and say some pretty awful things. But the art is pretty, and Conner and Mia show up along with Dinah, which is nice. And of course, in the end, Ollie is able to...just for a moment...overcome the Ring's conditioning and think of a way to save his loved ones. And it's actually pretty cool.

I also find it interesting that out of all the things that have happened to him, the worst day of his life was when he thought he killed a Parallax-possessed Hal. Not to mention Kyle, who was right behind him, but in typical Ollie fashion, he never mentions that he also may have killed an innocent kid. But I digress. It's a nice character study, and I'm always happy with those.

The other day, I was being quite cranky about the fact that practically everyone on that cover with Nekron, had had their own book...with the exception of Ice. I am now pleased to report that they were obviously saving the BEST for last.

Photobucket

Oh, it's going to be epic.