Olympic Spectacle

Well, boy howdy, the Winter Olympics open this evening in lovely Vancouver, British Columbia. Or...as I had to explain to one of my co-workers...that's in Canada. Oh Canada.

And since I have fond memories of the Calgary games, I am looking forward to the opening spectacle with great anticipation. Which doesn't mean that I won't take a break for thirty minutes or so, to watch the Brave & the Bold. There are just SOME things that I can't do without, and cartoon Batman is one of them.

But still! I'm hoping for Mounties and lots of 'em. I love Mounties. They have those nice hats, and those wonderful red coats, and they are all six foot five inches tall, and ride horses and sing through their noses. And if you have never listened to Arrogant Worms, then by cracky, you're missing my favorite Canadian musicians. The Mountie Song, is naturally one of my favorites, along with the War of 1812, where they brag about burning down Washington. Great stuff.

Which brings me to this question. Do the Marvel or DC universes even HAVE the Olympics? With all the mutants and superpowers and such, it would seem awfully easy to gain a rather unfair advantage. But by gosh, they'd all look fabulous up on the podium.

Photobucket