Darth Vader Without His Most Important Asset

Need I explain who Darth Vader is? Even for non-Star Wars fans, my left eyebrow would raise sky-high if you tell me that you don't have the faintest idea of who Darth Vader is.


Oh well. I'm not going to introduce Darth Vader here anyway. But a video I saw rather recently portrayed the Dark Lord of the Sith in a different light. Let me ask you this; "Why is Darth Vader such an iconic villain?"

Could it be the helmet? The sound of his breathing followed by his imposing presence? Sure, those three played as much role. But if you ask me, it's all largely due to this guy;


That, my non-geek friends, is James Earl Jones. Why did he play such an important role? Well, without him this is how Darth Vader would have sounded like;


Hilarious and not at all threatening. But you can't take any credit away from David Prowse, the guy in the Darth Vader suit. After all, without him Darth Vader would only be a disembodied voice.