Reviews!

Gadzooks, but this was a magnificent Wednesday...bookwise! So...many...books!

Ambush Bug: Year None, #7 of 6.

FINALLY! I was really looking forward to that hilarious Darwyn Cooke cover, but the new one is amusing as well. The rumors were that the sixth issue zinged Dan Dideo a bit too much. Considering how much THIS issue mocks the Editor-in-Chief, I can't even imagine how much the sixth one must have, in order to have been pulled. It's all ridiculous of course, but what the heck, I really do enjoy some mindless humor occasionally. Not all of the jokes worked, but enough of them did, to make me giggle uncontrollably for a while, and that's all I ask of a comic book.

Blackest Night #4.

Oh God, this was orgasmic.

Batwoman in Detective Comics.

Beautifully drawn as usual, and an unnusual twist to Kate's story. I won't say what, so as not to spoil it, but it's a nice comic bookish touch.

Gotham City Sirens #5.

I'm enjoying this in a mild way. The girls decide that enough is enough, and decide to take the battle to the Joker. There is a little surprise, that I honestly did not see coming, but it makes perfect sense.

Green Lantern #47.

This was just as orgasmic as Blackest Night. Well actually...maybe even more so. If you aren't reading this, you really really should be.

Incredible Hercules #137

Amadeus Cho continues his quest, and takes care of his foe rather neatly. TThere are no purple nurples, nor kicks to the groin, but it is still a lot of fun. And apparently, Aunt May is doing volunteer work in a soup kitchen with none other than Hebe, Hercules' estranged wife, and has SHE got a date for the girl!

Jack of Fables #39

Young Jack Frost continues his quest to be a hero, and is actually doing a pretty decent job of it. Better certainly than his no-good father, who is having his own problems, which include growing wings and a tail and green scales. Babe the little blue ox, just shines of course.

Justice Society of America #32

The plot continues to thicken. The bad guys attack the Brownstone, and I guess that John Stewart will be getting another commission to rebuild or redesign it soon. *sigh* Alan is keeping Mr. Terrific in stasis, just in case he decides to come back from the dead, Power Girl is having a conniption, and Mangog is being as obnoxious as usual.

Really, does ANYone like Mangog? I find him to be rude, overbearing and just a tad full of himself. And while I may enjoy that sort of behavior when Guy Gardner does it, when Mangog does it, I just want to slap him. Or have Peej slap him for me.

Superman: Secret Origin #2

I'm enjoying the heck out of this. I don't care if I already know this stuff, it is still loads of fun. The artwork is awfully pretty too. I DO love Gary Franks. The Legion shows up, and take Clark on a little trip to the future, and Lightning Lad shows unexpected adroitness in manipulating Brainiac, which I find appealing. Oh, and young Lex Luthor is Up To No Good.

Wonder Woman #37

Well, things are going to hell in a handbasket on Themyscira. Alkyone has apparently tied the know with Achilles, and she's taking over as Queen, which has to piss off the rest of the Amazons. Zeus really is a pill, isn't he? Ares shows up in a dream of Diana's and is suitably threatening. Diana and Donna fight, and Diana does something incredibly noble and unexpected. Good stuff.

I hope you all enjoyed the hell out of your books!