New Books Came In Yesturday

And most of them were quite nice.

This is the second time that I'm trying to post this, as my wretched computer keeps kicking me off in the middle of things. Gah!

Firstly, there was Grant Morrison and Philip Tan's Batman & Robin. Excellent as usual. It IS Jason under that shiny red hood after all. We also learn something rather startling about Jason's hair, and expose a slightly kinky side to Bruce, although I suppose it all makes sense in context.

Anyway, Jason's brutal methods of dealing with criminal is about to bring some unforeseen consequences down on his and Dick and Damien's heads.

Doom Patrol was ok. I don't really know that much about them, I'm REALLy just getting it for Maguire's Metal Men in the back-up feature. And what a feature it is! Hilarious!

Final Crisis: Run! is the final issue of the 6-parter, and of all the epilogues to Final Crisis, this series was my favorite. We followed former schlub and loser, Mike, the Human Flame, as he struggles to achieve his personal goal of Ultimate Power! And he DOES! However, being Mike, it all falls apart in a rather...interesting way. Definitely worth your time.

Jonah Hex continues with 6-Gun War. Turnbull's assassins show up and do their assassiny things. A traitor gets his. Tallulah and Jonah continue to show their unique brand of affection. Bat is getting cold feet. This is really really good.

Justice League: Cry for Justice. Finally, FINALLY, Ollie gets his conscience back, Freddie is probably the smartest one amongst them, Supergirl decides to flirt with Freddie instead of Hal, Hal actually has a moment of clarity, and Ray remains quite pissy, all things considered. Oh, and Mikaal and Congorilla have some more bonding.

I have to admit to enjoying this in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way. Yes, it's pretty bad, but the art is pretty, and I keep cracking up at some of the ridiculous dialogue. Oh, and the Shade shows up, which is automatically good. Gosh, I just love the Shade.

And the final page is the clincher. You have a whole bunch of the rest of the Justice League, all standing around posing prettily. Too bad that somebody stole Zatanna's REAL outfit, and she had to make do with a Halloween Hooker costume. But when the Flash says "...You've got some EXPLAINING to do", all I can do is hear it in Ricky Ricardo's voice, and imagine Lucy somewhere in the background. Yes, I realize that I'm dating myself.

Finally, I got Strange Tales from Marvel, which is a bunch of utterly ridiculous short tales by various other writers and artists, and I have to admit that it is a hoot. A hoot and a HALF!

I hope that you all enjoyed YOUR books!