Getting Back to the Important Things in Life

And those important things are COMICS, by God! I have established a tenuous internet access, and I am running with it for now.

So...did anyone read the Guy Gardner story in the Halloween Special 09 book that came out last Wednesday? I LOVE Holiday short stories for some odd reason, and I never fail to pick up the Christmas one, but I don't really remember any for Halloween, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Some of them were silly, some of them were...ok, and some of them were actually a little scary. I have to admit that the race between the Flash and Superman was one of my favorites.

But my absolute favorite was of course...Halloween...the Guy Way. It had Mark Bagley on the art, which was a treat. He gave Guy his regular hair, NOT the old bowl cut, which is a trap that unfamiliar artists usually fall in to. The writer was Adam Schlagman, with whom I am not familiar, and he did a pretty decent job. Tora of course was WILDLY out of character, but I found I didn't even care, at least initially...because it all read mostly like a fun fan-fic, and what the hell.

Of COURSE, Guy would try and have a Halloween party on Oa. I thought he did a good job with Salaak's reaction, Hal's and John's in particular. They misspelled Fire's name (it's Beatriz, not Beatrice) but I can overlook that. Tora was fun, if a bit...forward. I think she was channeling her inner Bea there for a bit, but at least she and Guy ended up having an interesting evening. I also found it interesting that ALL of the Lanterns saw nothing wrong with mocking the Guardians. This is what comes of making stupid rules!