Reviews!

I'm still working on my little computer problem, but I'm at my Sweet Baboo's lair, stealing his computer. Woohoo! Internet Access At Last!

It was a hell of a week.

First off, Blackest Night: Batman #3. Since it was written by Peter Tomasi it is right in line with the rest of the Blackest Night continuity. It was quite good, with both Tim and Dick getting sucked into the emotional machinations of their respective parents. However, the REAL payoff, was the way that the two of them managed to outwit the Black Lanterns at the end...a method that I feel may have some ramifications down the line. Involving Tora perhaps?

Cool.

Booster Gold #25 was fun as usual, with an unexpected touch of sweetness I thought, in Booster's relationship with Dick at the end. I'm glad that he came clean about his own place in the Universe, and how he related to Batman. Damian was splendidly obnoxious as usual.

The backup feature with Blue Beetle was also excellent, continuing the story of the Black Beetle, and his shenanigans. He CLAIMS that he's actually Jaime from the future, but I'm not buying it, and neither was Jaime.

There was a moment, back with Booster that also seemed to hint at a possible identity for the Black Beetle, when Rip was fighting him off, and he was being scanned by Skeets. Man, I really hope that the Black Beetle isn't secretly an evil future Ted or something. That would really rain on my parade.

Fables continues to entertain me. Frau Totenkinder is doing interesting things, much to the possible dismay of Ozma. Fabletown is in bad shape, and I'm sure that a confrontation is coming soon. I really really want Bufkin to defeat Baba Yaga as neatly as he conned the Djinn.

Final Crisis: Escape #6. And so we come to the end. I liked this, even if I didn't understand half of it, although it does finally seem to make a certain amount of sense. I guess it's a good thing that Nemesis dumped poor Wonder Woman, considering the last page.

Green Lantern Corps #41. Oh. Oh MY!

The Incredible Hercules #136. This has to be one of the best comic book battles EVER!!!! I do know that I was in serious hysteria, particularly when Hercules used the dreaded purple nurple ploy on Thor. The atomic wedgie move was also quite enjoyable. This is about the only book that I am currently getting from Marvel, but it is simply magnificent. If the rest of their books were half as good as this, I'd still be spending money over there.

JSA vs Kobra #5. Wheels within wheels, and all sorts of things are going on. I am enjoying this more than the regular book at the moment, since they are all fighting and cooperating together, instead of fighting, and Mangog's presence, is quite minimal, to my relief. Good stuff.

Secret Six #14. Woohoo! Finally our boys and girls get their heads together, and do the right thing. Nicola Scott's artwork simply makes me swoon. Scandal goes all crazy on Grendel's ass, and Bane issues a few new rules. And Deadshot dishes out a most welcome comeuppance.

I love weeks like this!