Favourites #10 : Superheroes

Those who went to school with me might remember that I had a hobby that gave my parents and teachers plenty of headaches; I was obsessed with superheroes, to the extent that I must have written and drawn no less than thirty different series of them in exercise books. Most were simply my version of the popular superheroes at the time, but there was a handful of them that I created and those were the only ones that I finished drawing from cover to cover.

Too bad I threw them all away in a tantrum. Can't remember why.

Apparently my superheroes were not immortals...
As an adult, I barely draw anymore. I'd hate to give up my love for all things creative and artistic, but if things don't look up, I might just have to. Well, at least there are superhero movies I could enjoy.

Speaking of which, Superhero movies is pretty much a genre that is here to stay, and frankly I welcome it to stay for as long as possible. But all the same, superhero movies are a bit of a hit-and-miss type of thing because for every one superhero movie that I like, there are heaps that I simply loathe. For example, I never reviewed Ghost Rider [2007], but that was a god-awful superhero movie, wasn't it?

Even my love for badass bikes and leather jackets couldn't save it...
Sometimes it's not even about B-list superheroes. Other big names like Superman had also fallen out of my favour since he was all about whining, stopping Lex Luthor's real estate scams and rescuing kittens. So yeah, being all powerful does not guarantee that I will like it, as evidenced by this list of five superheroes that I like;

Read all about it... CLICK HERE