Official Photo of Tom Hardy as Bane

Anybody still keeping track of The Dark Knight Rises slated for release next year? Though I am looking forward to it, I never thought we'll be seeing much of it until later this year, or early next year. You know, around the time when the marketing campaign will really take off.

In late February I made an entry about the movie, around the time when casting was mostly a rumour. Well, it's no longer news by now, Tom Hardy was cast as Bane. A seemingly odd choice because although he's not exactly a small guy, he's not big like professional wrestlers either. But considering that he once beefed up to play UK's most notorious prisoner in Bronson [2009], I was rather convinced in a way because this guy doesn't mind not looking pretty all the time.


So without further ado, here's the newly-released official photo of Tom Hardy as Bane. There's only one so far, but enough to create some kind of excitement, I presume?

Click on image for a larger resolution